DANH SÁCH NGƯỜI VIỆT NAM NỔI TIẾNG TRONG DÒNG CHÁNH CỦA MỸ .
List of Vietnamese Americans
Arts and entertainment
- James Duval – actor, mother is of Vietnamese-French descent
- Jonathan Ke Quan – former child actor in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and The Goonies
- Lance Krall – actor and star of FREE RADIO on VH1
- Hiep Thi Le – actress known for role in Heaven & Earth, third film in director Oliver Stone's Vietnam trilogy.
- Dustin Nguyen – actor
- Maggie Q. – former model and actress in Mission Impossible III.
- Rosie Tran – writer, actress, and comedian.
- Thuy Trang – actress known for role as The Yellow Power Ranger in the series Power Rangers
- Betty Nguyen – CBS Early Morning News anchor, former CNN anchor.
- Leyna Nguyen- Emmy Award winning anchor.
- Van Tieu – Anchor for KFYRTV
- Thuy Vu – Emmy award-winning anchor and reporter for CBS-5 Television in San Francisco
- Doan Hoang – director and producer of the PBS documentary film about a family in the Vietnam War, Oh, Saigon.
- Steve Nguyen – director and film producer
- Poreotics ABDC season 5 Champions
- Matthew "Dumbo" Vinh Quoc Nguyen
- Charles Viet Nguyen
- Can Trong "Candy" Nguyen
- Chau-Giang Thi Nguyen – concert pianist and artist
- Cuong Vu – Grammy award winning jazz trumpeter and vocalist
- Thai VG – Vietnamese American rapper
- Tyga – Vietnamese and Jamaican rapper signed to Young Money and Cash Money Records
- Chloe Dao – fashion designer/winner of television show "Project Runway"
- Dat Phan – comedian, winner of first Last Comic Standing
- Jonas Bevacqua – adopted Vietnamese American fashion designer, creator of urbanwear LRG
- Michelle Phan – YouTube beauty guru
- Hung Huynh – chef, Top Chef (season 3) winner
- Tom Vu – info-mercial icon, professional poker player and real estate investor.
- Tila Tequila – Was most popular female on MySpace. Had her own MTV show. Appeared in FHM Magazine
- Christine Ha – chef who was MasterChef (US season 3) winner
- John Eklund – time-lapse photographer known for the video Purely Pacific Northwest
- Trung Dung – engineer, who sold his OnDisplay to Vignette Corporation in 2000 for $1.8 billion
- Frank Jao – pioneer behind Little Saigon, Westminster, California, and the Asian Garden Mall
- Bill Nguyen – founder of onebox.com and lala.com, sold for $850 million and $80 million respectively
- David Tran – founder of Huy Fong Foods, maker of Sriracha Chili Sauce
Literature and journalism
- Aimee Phan – author of We Should Never Meet
- Andrew X. Pham – author of Catfish and Mandala: A Two-Wheeled Voyage Through the Landscape and Memory of Vietnam (1999)
- Chau Nguyen – news anchor. First Vietnamese-American to be awarded a regional Emmy-award.
- Doan Van Toai – author of The Vietnamese Gulag
- Huynh Sanh Thong – author known for the An Anthology of Vietnamese Poems: From the Eleventh through the Twentieth Centuries
- Kien Nguyen – author of The Unwanted, a Memoir of Childhood.
- Lan Cao – former attorney and current law professor, author of Monkey Bridge
- Le Ly Hayslip – Author of When Heaven and Earth Changed Places, which was turned into a motion picture (Heaven & Earth) directed by Oliver Stone.
- Le Thi Diem Thuy – Award winning author of the novel, "The Gangster We Are All Looking For"
- Mong-Lan – college professor and author of Song of the Cicadas
- Monique Truong- author of the Book of Salt
- Nguyen Chi Thien – poet and winner of international poetry award in 1985
- Nguyen Do – poet, editor and translator. Co-author of Black Dog, Black Night Contemporary Vietnamese Poetry (Milkweed, 2008) and Beyond the Court Gate: Selected Poems of Nguyen Trai (Counterpath Press, 2010)
- Nguyen Qui Duc – essayist and radio producer and author of Where the Ashes Are: The Odyssey of a Vietnamese Family
- Nhuan Xuan Le – author of numerous Vietnamese Poems & Human Rights activist; author of "Poems by Selected Vietnamese".
- Quang X. Pham – author and founder of Lathian Systems, a pharmaceutical promotions company.
- Stephanie Trong – Jane Magazine executive editor
- Trinh T. Minh-ha – author, post-colonial scholar, and filmmaker
- Ut Huynh Cong – photographer. First Vietnamese American to win the Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography (1973) and the World Press Award
- Viet Xuan Luong – first Vietnamese American to command a Brigade in the U.S. Army.
- Nguyễn Ngọc Loan – Brigadier General, ARVN; subject of Eddie Adam's photograph
- Tung M. Nguyen – US Army Special Forces SFC killed in Iraq War
- Nguyen Van Kiet – Petty Officer Third Class in the Republic of Vietnam Navy and recipient of the US Navy Cross.
- Nguyen Quy An – Major in the Republic of Vietnam Air Force and a recipient of the United States Distinguished Flying Cross.
- Quang X. Pham – first Vietnamese American to earn naval aviator's wings in the U.S. Marine Corps, author and politician.
- Elizabeth Pham – first Vietnamese American to become a Fixed Wing Naval Aviator in the U.S. Marine Corps; later deployed to Iraq, becoming part of the first all-female F/A-18 aircrew and flying over 130 combat missions.
- James Văn Thạch – only Vietnamese American to coordinate and complete a US military base named Combat Outpost Shocker in Iraq.
- Ngo Quang Truong – former general of ARVN and author.
Politics and law
- Hubert Vo – Texas state representative
- Janet Nguyen – Orange County Board of Supervisors.
- John Quoc Duong – President George W. Bush's appointee as Executive Director of The White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
- John Tran – First Vietnamese-American Mayor in US, Mayor of Rosemead, California
- Joseph Cao – First Vietnamese-American Congressman representing Louisiana's 2nd congressional district
- Kok Ksor – president of the Montagnard Foundation, Inc.
- Lan Cao – law professor, novelist.
- Jacqueline H. Nguyen – US Circuit Judge. First Vietnamese-American federal judge. First Asian-American woman to sit on the federal appellate court.
- Madison Nguyen – San Jose City Council member and Vice Mayor of City of San Jose, California.
- Mina Nguyen – Deputy Assistant Secretary for Business Affairs and Public Liaison at the US Treasury Department.
- Huu Chanh Nguyen – founder and former Prime Minister of the Government of Free Vietnam
- Phuc Buu Chanh Nguyen – president of the Vietnamese Constitutional Monarchist League, member of Vietnam's Nguyễn Dynasty
- Tony Lam – first Vietnamese-American elected official. Former Westminster, California city council.
- Van Tran – California State Assemblyman
- Viet D. Dinh – former United States Assistant Attorney General who drafted the USA Patriot Act
- Tri Ta – Westminster's Tri Ta is nation's first Vietnamese American elected mayor
Science and education
- Han T. Dinh – Director of Vehicle Engineering – United States Postal Service. Washington DC. Winner of 2006 White House "Closing Of Circle Award" .
- Bui Tuong Phong – computer graphics pioneer. Inventor of Phong reflection model and Phong shading interpolation method
- Duy-Loan Le – prominent Texas Instruments engineer.
- Eugene H. Trinh – NASA astronaut, the first Vietnamese-American to travel into outer space
- Hồ Thành Việt, founder of VNI Software Co., California.
- Jane Luu – astronomer, co-discoverer of Kuiper Belt and many asteroids.
- Xuan Vinh Nguyen – professor of Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan. The first Vietnamese to receive the Dirk Brouwer award (2007). Author of Pilot's Life
- Anh Duong Nguyet – responsible for the creation of the Thermobaric weapon.
- Trịnh Xuân Thuận – author of The Birth of the Universe, astrophysicist and professor of astronomy at the University of Virginia.
- Tuan Vo-Dinh – inventor, professor and Director of the Fitzpatrick Institute for Photonics of Duke University. Ranked No. 43 on a list of the world's top 100 living geniuses
- Xuong Nguyen-Huu – Biology professor, University of California. Pioneer in AIDS research; invented the X-ray Multiwire Area Detector.
- Hau Thai-Tang – 2005 Ford Mustang's chief engineer; Chief Purchasing Officer Ford Motor Co.
- Luong Kim Dinh, catholic priest, scholar and philosopher.
- Amy Tran – Field hockey player.
- Catherine Mai Lan Fox – Olympic swimmer with two gold medals.
- Cung Le – Kickboxer/MMA fighter, undefeated San Shou champion, and former Strikeforce champion and coach
- Danny Graves – MLB baseball player
- Dat Nguyen – NFL football player, Dallas Cowboys assistant linebackers and defensive quality control coach
- Dat Nguyen – Pro boxing Professional boxer
- David Pham – professional poker, won two World Series of Poker bracelets and has made seven final tables at the World Poker Tour
- Don Nguyen- Pro skateboarder
- Howard Bach – badminton player – former world champion (2005)
- Lee Nguyen – Major League Soccer soccer player, currently plays for the New England Revolution.
- Leta Lindley- LPGA Tour golfer
- J.C. Tran – professional poker player. As of 2010, his total live tournament winnings amount to $7,996,635
- Jim Parque – In 1996, he was the only left-handed pitcher on the Olympics baseball team that won a bronze medal in Atlanta.
- Men Nguyen – professional poker player. As of 2010, his total live tournament winnings exceed $9,700,000
- Mimi Tran – professional poker player. As of 2008, her total live tournament winnings exceed $1,400,000
- Nam Phan- MMA fighter in the UFC
- Scotty Nguyen – professional poker player
- Luong Kim Dinh, catholic priest, scholar and philosopher.